We started our trip to NC with a visit with Allen & Barbara. Golfing for the guys was not an option due to the rain on Monday so we had to search for something else to do. Barbara had heard about the Rock-a-Billy Hall of Fame Museum in Jackson so we decided to give it a try. Our private tour gave us a lot of information about stars such as Elvis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, and many more from the 50's. Here's a pic of Barbara getting a drum lesson from our tour guide.
We spent 4 days with Kalin and enjoyed the time with him. I stayed busy on some sewing projects I brought along and never even got out my camera until the trip home. Most of the following pics were on our drive back to Jackson, TN on Sunday, May 4th.
A good number of the trees in the higher elevations had not started leafing out. However, there was plenty of pollen flying around - I had allergy problems from the time we got to the mountains on the first Monday of our trip until we got back to Texas this week. Haven't heard if anyone else got sick from being with me but they shouldn't have since I don't think allergies are contagious!
Back to Texas on May 5th, where the scenery is flat! Bluebonnets are gone but this yellow field caught my eye!
1 comment:
HEY! Flat can be good!! LOL Looks like you saw lots of pretty bloomers.
Post a Comment