Friday, April 17, 2020

Week 4 of Quarantine


Found a new pattern for making face masks and I really like it.  It is the Valami pattern by Ami Simms and Valli Schiller.  Main difference is the edges are bound, much like a quilt.  I'm using strips of t-shirts for ties. 


I bound the Quilt of Valor that Nancy Carr and I made for her dad, Ron Ballog.  I took it to her this week and suggested that she give it to him now and then borrow it back and present it to him in a QOV presentation later - if we're ever able to meet in large groups again!



1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Woo, those masks look VERY labor intensive!! I've got the two types I make and figure they'll work! The city of FW put out a call for 15,000 (!!!) so our group is making our standard donation of 100 and have another group waiting for the next 100. Love the QOV!

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...