
The casket quilt I've been working on for a friend in North Carolina is finally complete. She asked me to make something that could be draped over her mother's casket when the time comes, much like a flag is draped over a veteran's casket. She wanted a cross and flowers - I hope she'll be pleased with the finished quilt.
I'll be delivering it to her next week while we're visiting family in NC.
I had never heard of using a quilt this way but after Googling casket quilts, I learned there are businesses that will make a quilt for you for just this purpose. They are sometimes called Going Home quilts.
3 comments:
What a wonderful rememberence of a loved one.
Wow I have never heard of this. What a great idea. I am sure your friend will love it. It is beautiful.
I just made my way over to your blog through Amy's blog. I'm Amy, her neighbor from across the street. Well, used to be! Just wanted to say hi!
Post a Comment