I even learned to crop my photo today so you don't see hubby's feet. He makes a great quilt stand! Thanks, Ron!
Friday, June 19, 2009
Heartstrings quilt for a soldier
Here's my heartstrings quilt I made using the quilt-as-you-go method. I've been working on these blocks off and on over the past two months and it's finished now except for binding. The really neat thing about this type of quilt is when you get the top all together - you're done! It was a great stash reducer and used up some small pieces of batting also. If I'm happy with it after it's laundered, I'll send it off to a soldier.
I even learned to crop my photo today so you don't see hubby's feet. He makes a great quilt stand! Thanks, Ron!

I even learned to crop my photo today so you don't see hubby's feet. He makes a great quilt stand! Thanks, Ron!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top
This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash. It will ...
-
This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash. It will ...
-
I made this bag with blue and white polka dot lining and straps. It's for another friend who is much taller so maybe it won't drag ...
-
A manly quilt for a veteran in a homeless shelter. Sandra asked us to pick out some fabric and make a quilt top. 62 x 92. Mine measures 64...
6 comments:
That's BEAUTIFUL, JoAnne! LOVE IT! Did you take a class on the quilt as you go? I took one a long time ago at QD but never made a quilt using the method. Some soldier will be VERY happy with that beauty! And you're SO tech saavy, too! What a woman! HA
Way to go!
Your QOV is totally awesome and it will keep someone warm and cozy through hard times :)
What beautiful quilt and I'm sure it will be loved and treasured by a soldier.
Hugs Jan Mac
What beautiful quilt which will be loved and treasured by its new owner.
You made a wonderful quilt! I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated by whoever receives it!
It's a gorgeous quilt! I like the thin sashings between the blocks.
Post a Comment