Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sewing with Nana















Kenna came to visit Monday and we spent some time in the sewing room. She thought it would be fun to put the pins in her fingers. Not quite so much fun when she stuck one straight in while sewing. At 10, she still loves to arrange my pincushion and make all the pins neat and orderly.









We made a silky pillow together and had fun dressing it up. Where does she get these ideas? I never know what we'll be sewing on until she tells me - not interested in the projects in quilting books for children. But I'm glad she's so creative! In just a few short years these sewing days will not be cool for an almost grown-up teenager so I'll enjoy them while they last.









I love my pillow!



















1 comment:

Amy Pierce said...

Maybe we have a future accpuncturist on our hands! After seeing that picture, I'm not sure if Robert will let her come stay with you again - just kidding ;) I'm glad she had so much fun!
-Amy

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...