Friday, December 5, 2008

ASAP Christmas Project

My quilt bee decorated a tree for the ASAP Christmas Project this year. ASAP is Assistance for School Aged Parents and is a program which helps high school mothers stay in school to finish their education. Our guild supports this program and some of the bees sponsor a mother for Christmas. This was a fun project - buying clothes and toys for a 15 month old boy. The mother will receive the tree at a party on Dec. 14th. In some cases, this may be the only tree the family has and the only gifts the child will receive. I purchased a couple of Elmo toys yesterday and they scared me to death. I was driving along when one of them started making a noise that sounded a lot like a police siren. Thankfully, I did not have a wreck but I sure was startled for a moment.



3 comments:

Amy Pierce said...

Elmo can be pretty scary!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift for ASAP family!

Maureen said...

Lovely tree!

Maureen

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...