
I had two tops to show today at bee. The one with the blue border had been shown before but I brought it again to compare to my latest effort. I wanted everyone to see what happens when I sew without reading through the pattern first. It might have helped also if I had had enough sleep before sewing! The blue bordered top is made by Bonnie Hunter's pattern, Strip Twist. The red bordered top was made by the same pattern but I forgot to twist the 7 1/2 inch blocks before sewing them into a 15 inch block. I guess I could call it Strip Twist Untwisted. Or Tiny Little Pinwheels. The bee liked the mistake top best and we decided to make one as a group for a donation quilt.


Everyone except me was working on punch needle projects today and I insisted on making a picture of them. They were having so much fun with it that I may have to cave and buy a hoop and needle myself. Oh, but I said no new projects til I finish some WIPs and WISPs. Or would that only apply to quilting WIPs? Punch needle isn't quilting, is it?


4 comments:
JoAnne,
I think the "twist" quilt looks kind of cute with the pinwheels! I'm not sure anyone would know it wasn't what it was supposed to be if you didn't show the first quilt!
Maureen
JoAnne,
I think the "twist" quilt looks kind of cute with the pinwheels! I'm not sure anyone would know it wasn't what it was supposed to be if you didn't show the first quilt!
Maureen
I like em both but think I'm with the bee buddies! Love that 'untwisted' twist! Did you do that with the rest of the quiltville group during Superbowl?
I like them both! the title untwisted - sounds pretty good too!
Post a Comment