Sunday, February 1, 2009

BCQG Retreat Recap

I love making friends with younger women - they are so energetic and eager to try new things. It was great fun sewing with Shawn and Maureen this weekend. Being around younger quilters is so inspiring and motivating.

I made a new friend at retreat - Shawn Frazier. She was making a gorgeous quilt top for one of her friends and I was so impressed with her quilting. She's a fairly new quilter and this top was not an easy pattern. She did a great job on the curved piecing in this project.














Here's my friend, Maureen, with a finished flimsy. This is a Judy Niemeyer pattern and I think it's awesome. Love the colors, Maureen! She learned a lot about paper-piecing in Judy's class and says she'll paper-piece anything with points now.








I was fortunate to have two friends, Deb Batz and Barb Abel, give me a ride on Friday and Saturday. Here's Deb with one of her finishes - a very difficult DearJane block. Time to complete this block - 8 hours. Deb was having way too much fun to sew fast. The alligator mascot generated lots of laughs, especially when someone sewed his paw with Deb's machine. That's what retreat is all about though - not so much sewing as just having fun with our friends.























Lynn Conklin, Bev Epping, and I were tied for prettiest and favorite baby quilt in the donation quilt contest. This contest has become a tradition at retreat and I was the quilter that got to wear the crown.




I was Queen for the night and got to wear the tiara. It will go back to Bonnie on Monday for safekeeping until next year.







No comments:

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...