What is it they say about the best laid plans? In my last post, I said I was packed and ready to go to quilt retreat. Well, I didn't get very far. I was rear-ended about 15 minutes from home and this is what my 2008 Odyssey mini-van looks like now. Thankfully, neither driver was seriously injured - I just have a mild back ache and two sore fingers. Now, my sewing machine may be another matter. It was wedged in the storage place behind the third seat and Ron and a fireman were not able to un-wedge it. I won't know it's condition until the body shop is able to remove it. Maybe I'll be able to hook a ride with another day tripper tomorrow and Saturday and get to go for some of the fun. I'm disappointed that I'm missing the merriment that goes on at a quilt retreat. In the grand scheme of things though - that is not much to be worried about.
I'm especially thankful for my dh. Ron came when I called and unloaded my stuff and drove me home. He's taking me to the dr. to be checked out this afternoon and he's handling all the insurance and body shop stuff. He's a keeper.
Anyhoo, it could have been much worse!
1 comment:
Poor JoAnne!
I hope you are okay! Cars and sewing machines can be replaced...you, my friend, are irreplacable! Feel better fast :)
Post a Comment