Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Status Report

My friend, Maureen, is reporting her Friday Finishes so I thought I'd make mine a Saturday Status Report. Here are a few things I've worked on this week.

These pillowcases are for Pillows-of-Love - a group that provides a pillowcase with a Bible inside to children who are taken to shelters because of abuse. They will add Psalm 4:8 ("He will give you sleep, peace and a safe place to dwell") on the solid trim.


Here are three placemats that I finished this week. There are seven more that need the hand sewing of the binding. We have nine at the table when the whole family is here and I was able to get 10 mats out of a 2 yard piece of cheater cloth from Hobby Lobby. They were quick & easy, my favorite kind of project.




The next two photos are of my two completed rows on my patriotic DearJane. I couldn't get all twenty-six blocks in one picture without showing a lot of my messy sewing room so just imagine them together. Two rows done and 11 to go. Then there are all those triangles.....


















1 comment:

Sherrill said...

WHOA, lady, I LOVE those pillowcases! Didja just use your own fabric? They're so CUTE! AND MAN, that DJ's lookin' good! I better get busy..haven't touched mine since Nov. (I think). YIKES!

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...