Thursday, January 29, 2009

My bags are packed.....



and I'm ready to go - to a quilt retreat! I've packed light since I'm going as a day tripper. I have several donation baby quilts to work on and some heartstring blocks (also donation). I also have strips cut to make a patriotic quilt for Quilts of Valor (http://alyciaquilts.blogspot.com/) and hope to finish a top for Alycia. I typically don't accomplish much at a retreat because I spend too much time visiting and looking at other retreater's projects. Hopefully, what I'm taking is mindless enough that I can sew and talk at the same time. Check back Saturday to see how this works out for me.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Oh NO, so sorry to hear about your accident!!! Was it ice-related? Hope you got a good report from the doc and you manage to catch a ride tomorrow. Hey, didja see my quilt (Boxy Stars) on Alycia's blog yesterday? It just got quilted. I was SO excited to see it! Post a pix of yours before you send it off, OK?

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...