Monday, February 23, 2009

A new machine!

We were able to get the car issues settled last week so it was time to settle the sewing machine issue. And here it is....my new Janome 6600P (professional)! It is a dream to sew on and I love, love, love it! In this photo, I'm quilting on a donation quilt for a soldier.
















In the next photo I'm adding the binding. Just need to do the handwork and it will be finished and ready to go to its new home.














Speaking of binding, I had read on my friend Pat's blog about putting the pressed double fold binding in a plastic bag as you iron it and then just putting the bag on the floor and pulling the binding out as you sew it.
I found it works well for me to empty my trash can and put the clean plastic bag with binding in the can. When I've finished sewing on the binding, I have a fresh bag in the trash can and I'm ready to go on to my next project.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Congratulations! Are you going to name it?

JoAnne said...

I don't think so. If I did, I probably wouldn't be able to remember the name.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Congratulations on your new sewing machine!

Glad you like the 'binding in a bag' trick. I just might try the trash can idea with the next binding I do. :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Whoo Hoo - Congrats on the new machine. Looks very pretty!

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...