Saturday, May 9, 2009

Bad, bad blogger

I'm stealing this title from my friend, Maureen, who called herself a bad, bad blogger recently. I've been bad, too. Just haven't had much to blog about. Another friend, Sherrill, wanted to see the purse I made a couple weeks ago so here it is:




I made this bowl recently by covering clothesline with fabric and sewing with a zig-zag stitch. There's a book out that explains the process but I made this without the book - just getting tips from friends. Ron wanted to know why I made it - I said to see if I could. This project certainly isn't a stash buster - hardly used any fabric at all since the strips are only 3/4 inch wide.



One of our grand-dogs spent several days with us last week. She is a high-energy, loveable little dog and kept us busy - tossing balls for her. I may be too old for this....should I just stick to sewing?








1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Well, FINALLY! Now see, I like that bag. But you ARE BAADDD for doing the clothesline thingy BEFORE our class! I'm waiting.

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...