Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A birthday surprise....

Forgot to mention in the last note that my birthday was yesterday and I had a very nice surprise. Ron's parents and Ron met me for lunch at a local restaurant (Kosta's) for my favorite food - lasagne! We were about to leave the table when the waitresses came up with dessert for me and sang to me - totally unexpected. Our waitress had heard Ron's dad tell me to order anything I wanted since it was my birthday and she took it from there. It was their specialty - Cherry Yum Yum - a creamy cheesecake topped with cherry pie filling. Definitely Yum! Yum!

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Oh SHOOT, woman, I MEANT to send you a birthday greeting and I wound up forgetting! DUH!! MY b-day was the day before so we've both been doing a little celebrating! HA Take it easy with the sr. citizens..it IS difficult to convince them to change anything even though you know it's best for them. My mom woulda been about that age if she was still here. Ron's fortunate to still have them around..too bad they're so far away! MAN, that yum yum really sounds YUMMY!

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...