Sunday, January 24, 2010

Bear Creek Quilt Guild Workshop

Kathy and I had a great time yesterday at the guild workshop making these pinwheels for a runner using a 60 degree specialty ruler. This was a quick project to make and it's finished. Well, except for the quilting. Doubt I'll make another one - it was a bit tricky getting everything to fit together and lay flat. Starch and a steam iron worked it's magic and mine looks pretty good if you're on a galloping horse.














Here's my finished runner from yesterday's workshop and a picture of Bev Ramsey, our teacher. That's her husband behind her.














2 comments:

Sherrill said...

Man, I am SO glad I didn't take that workshop. If you, the sewing MASTER, had a hard time making things fit, I woulda been fit to be tied trying to get MY stuff together. But yours look great!! WTG WOMAN!

Mary Lou Weidman said...

I love the three beautiful smiles here!

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...