Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Sunny Southwest Adventure - Day 3, part 2

Part 2 begins in the afternoon when Ron took this photo of a tunnel on Bright Angel Trail.  I was napping!  I joined him later to take the shuttle out to Hermits Rest to explore several stops along the way.  My pictures don't do the canyon justice, but they help me remember the awesome scenery we saw there.










I waited at the shuttle transfer point for Ron to grab our jackets and flashlights for a Ranger talk after dinner.  While I was waiting, a deer was spotted by the train track.  It appeared to stop, look both ways, and wait for the traffic to clear before crossing.  Smart deer!!!

Exploring the park is easy with the shuttle system. We covered a lot more ground than we could have on foot.  How did the early settlers do this?





No comments:

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...