Thursday, October 10, 2019

Day 2 of Eating our way through Oregon

We headed out this morning to drive the historic Columbia River Highway.  Our first stop was at Chanticleer Point at the Portland Women's Forum overlook for a view of the river.  Very windy and cold so we didn't linger here.

The next stop was the Vista House overlook.  Even more windy here so we spent a lot of our time inside, reading the displays and visiting with the volunteer.  He gave us several tips on places we needed to visit today and also on our way to Astoria later in the week.  I heard him say 101 and I immediately asked him if he was 101 - he said no, the building was 101.  We had quite a laugh about that - don't know if he thought it was all that funny!

I was particularly impressed with the bathrooms - marble or granite that looked original.  





No comments:

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...