First stop was Latourell Falls - Ron hiked the path for a closer look while I waited in the parking lot.
Next was Bridal Veil Falls - I opted to take the path since that was the only way to see the falls. Had to take advantage of all of the benches on the path but it was worth the hike. Enjoyed visiting with a lady who was traveling alone from Wisconsin. She was in her 70's and does this trip every year. Brave woman! Didn't appear to have a GPS since she talked about asking for directions in Portland. Don't know how we ever found our way before cell phones and GPS!
Wahkeena Falls was another one for Ron to hike and photograph while I waited in the parking lot.
Next stop was Multnomah Falls - the most well-known of the Oregon falls. It is 620 ft. tall and has a beautiful lodge built in 1925. We enjoyed lunch at the lodge before heading on to visit our last fall of the day - Horsetail Falls. It was visible from the parking lot so I was able to see it.










No comments:
Post a Comment