Thursday, March 26, 2009

A quilt for a soldier

Here's my strip twist - untwisted which I made for donation to a soldier. That's Sherrill on the right. The quilt has been washed so it's nice and cuddly and ready to go to Fisher House with several quilts Sherrill and her church group have made for them. We are requesting these quilts be given to the soldier that uses them. I posted about this a while back and gave Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.blogspot.com credit for the pattern. Mine's untwisted because I made a mistake when laying out the blocks. We hope each of these quilts will let a wounded soldier know how much we appreciate his sacrifice.

3 comments:

Sherrill said...

I LOVE your untwisted twist! Some vet's gonna LOVE it!!

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

Haven't a clue what the original pattern looks like, but this is such a vibrant and interesting version...a real winner in all ways. Thanks for sharing, Sharyn/KalamaQuilts

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like your un-twisted version of this pattern! Do you think you would be able to make it again> or was it a happy accident?!

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...