We started our adventure with a stop at Clines Corners, a small version of a Buckees, then moved on to Santa Fe with a search for Santa Fe Quilting. After several minutes of backtracking we found it! Picked up a Row by Row pattern for Maggie and some Route 66 fabric for me - this shop had so much it was kind of overwhelming.
Spent an hour shopping and then headed toward Pagosa Springs, stopping at Bodes for lunch. It was in an old gas station and the food was pretty good.
We took a little side trip after lunch to the Monastery of Christ in the Desert in Abiquiu. It was a 13 mile drive on a dirt road which is very slippery when wet. We were lucky to have a mostly dry though cloudy day. A beautiful, peaceful place which inspired Georgia O'Keeffe's art.


2 comments:
I didn't know about Santa Fe Quilting but you can bet your bippy I'll stop next time I go up there!! And I've always wondered about Bode's whenever passing by. So glad you took the monastery to heart and stopped. Now I must do that. Hopefully we'll be going up late Aug or early Sept.
Northern New Mexico is a favorite of mine. Always beautiful.
Post a Comment