We headed south this morning to some ghost town type areas with a few old buildings from the past. Mostly we just saw scenery - mountain vistas and streams.
We made our way to Chimney Rock National Monument and decided to take the guided tour to see "the site of ancient remains of an Ancestral Puebloan village and a Chacoan Great House perched high atop a scenic mesa overlooking the beautiful Piedra River valley" - quote from the brochure.
The trail to Chimney Rock and Companion Rock is narrow and steep and there is no shade. The guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining and stopped several times for us to rest. The volunteers stress the need for staying hydrated - I was glad I had a bottle of water with me!


1 comment:
I have never been UP to Chimney Rock--just always satisfied to see it as I drove by! But there's some cool stuff up there. So glad you took pix as I'll probably never trudge up there.
Post a Comment