Saturday, February 17, 2018

Day 6 - At Sea - Feb. 9, 2018

"At Sea Days" are not my favorite but we managed to stay busy most of the time.  Ron and I went up to the FlowRider to watch for wardrobe malfunctions but none happened.  This looks like fun and some are very good at it.  Not for this old woman though!


Later we walked around the pool area and found the swing and this quiet corner overlooking the ocean.  Had to get an ice cream cone for a morning snack.



The girls met for lunch at noon and the guys decided to do the same.  Didn't get a pic of the girls but we were there!  Roy thought he recognized Kitty's head from the back and had the waiter go offer drinks to the girls' table.  It wasn't us though!  It was a group of 10 elderly ladies having lunch.   Made a good memory!  

One of the waiters put on some sideburns and did an Elvis impersonation for another table celebrating a birthday.  Too funny!  Wish I'd gotten a pic of that! 


After lunch, the girls took in Ben & Jerry's for 3 scoops of ice cream - yum!

The dinner dessert list had too many options so I got two - apple pie a la mode and 2 scoops of coconut ice cream.  I think that makes about 7 scoops of ice cream today!  I just can't help myself when desserts are so available!

The evening entertainment was another unpleasant experience.  It was a group called Mosaic which only used their voices, no musical instruments.  It was so loud that Ron & I left after two songs.  Would have been good if not so loud.  

If you've read this far, please ignore my negative comments.  This blog is my journal which helps me remember these trips.  There were many fun moments and too much good food to photograph and describe.  I hope hitting these highlights will help me remember the good and the bad.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Were you HOPING for a wardrobe malfunction?!! You naughty. And yes, it sounds like you ate a ton of ice cream. No wonder you didn't make QFC!! HAHA

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...