I started off this morning by going for tea and letting Ron sleep in. I found someone to talk to, of course. This lady is named Dorothy and she's in her mid 80's and going strong. What an inspiration! She lives near Galveston and dumpster dives (picks thru garbage) to find aluminum cans and copper for resale to fund mission opportunities thru her church. She also finds useable clothing and toys to wash and pass on to homeless shelters, etc. I hope I'm still going strong if I make it to my 80's!
![]() |
| Dorothy |
We met everyone to lounge by the pool this morning. Ron & I left to have lunch at Johnny Rockets at noon. It was a bargain at $8.20 for all you can eat burgers, fries, onion rings, dessert and a beverage. Milkshakes are extra but we had already had our free one earlier in the weekl
There was a salute to the staff and a patriotic song on the final night of the cruise. Our waiter took good care of us and was very pleasant. Overall, I think the cruise lines have cut back on a lot of the extras that we've enjoyed in the past. No ice sculptures for example. And the entertainment was not as good as we remembered in the past.
Tonight's show was a musical and was the same show as last year. The sound was much better on it and we stayed for the whole performance.








1 comment:
What kind of room did you have, oceanview? Oh wait you overlooked the promenade..balcony or window? I like to see the water. I, too, think they've cut back on lots of stuff. Still amazes me how much alcohol some people consume in a week's time (the ones staggering around being jackasses).
Post a Comment