Saturday, September 13, 2008

Grandparents' Day

Friday, Sept. 12th, was Grandparents' Day at Hawk Elementary and Nana had the time this year to join the kids for lunch. There's nothing wrong with having lunch 4 times in one day. Camden had been disappointed when it looked like I wouldn't make it so he was very excited to see me when I popped in with M & M's. Then on to Cullen's room to see the toothless wonder (he finally lost his first tooth and he's in 2nd grade). After a short break for lunch with Amy, I headed back to Hawk to meet Kenna for lunch in the cafeteria. What a noisy place when all the fifth graders and their grandparents are together and visiting. Kenna had made a cute book for us that told a story of a day with Nana & Papa. Cullen and Camden had made cards for us. And, no, I didn't really eat 4 times. That is, except for dessert!





Friday night was another opportunity to spend time with the kids. Cullen & Camden had a birthday party to attend so Nana & Papa took Kenna out for chinese. She is very adventurous with food and tried the crawfish, frog's legs, and sushi. The picture of her plate is kind of blurry but you get the idea. We agreed the frog's leg tasted like chicken, but as for me - I'll stick with the chicken!







No comments:

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...