
No, I wasn't in California. But this is the color of the PT Cruiser I rented to drive while visiting Mom in NC. It was fun to drive and was much roomier than I would have thought. Back seats folded down so there was plenty of room to transport a rocking chair, bookcase and two boxes of clothes to their new storage facility - friend Betsy's house. Thank you, Betsy! What a blessing she and former neighbor, Kathy, have been to me over the past several years. Both are always so gracious and willing to listen when I need to talk about the trials of dealing with Alzheimer's. And they have both helped Mom so much over the years before the move to PCH, with her house and cat.
Last weekend was an unplanned trip to help Mom get settled in a different room, on the hall that is designated for residents who need more care. She has definitely declined since our June visit and it's so sad to watch her lose more ground, both mentally and physically, with each passing season. Like me, her talker and eater still work as well as ever! She still has a positive attitude and good sense of humor, at least most of the time. But, this truly is the Long Goodbye. Check out my link in the sidebar to AAQI to learn how you can help with Ami Simm's Alzheimer's research project or Google Alzheimer's to learn more about the disease.
The Trinity Valley Quilt Guild show is next week - Sept. 19th through 21st. Guess I'd better get busy and be sure my quilts have proper labels and are clean and ready to hang. The show will have a sale table this year for members to sell quilts and other projects. I have a few runners and purses that I need to round up and price and the time for that is now! This year's show may be the best ever - there will be more than 400 quilts to see and every vendor space is rented so the shopping should be great also. Come if you can for a quilty good time!
No comments:
Post a Comment