
Ron thought brisket sounded like a good choice for a Labor Day meal and we decided on the spur of the moment to combine it with a birthday celebration for our son-in-law, Kevin. He was a good sport and didn't tell us 'til dinner was over that they had just had TX barbecue on Sunday night, as soon as they got in from West Virginia!

I enjoyed the brisket along with Kevin, Jennifer and Ron but nobody offered to take my picture! Forgot to get a pic of the cake & ice cream also, but, trust me, it was superb! Thanks, Jennifer, for bringing it.
I've certainly changed over the years, at least as far as my standards for getting ready for company. Fresh placemats and a quick run through the kitchen with a Swiffer and I'm ready! Gone are the days of cleaning for a week before I'd consider inviting anyone for a meal or visit. Getting old does have some pluses - I'm not as worried about what others think or I'm just too tired to care! Now if I could just use those same standards when quilt bee comes to sew......
1 comment:
I expect the same treatment when I finally get to come over and spend the day sewing - no cleaning before I get there! Can't wait until we can get together.
Maureen
Post a Comment