Friday, September 14, 2012

Alaska - Day 8 - First formal night - Sept. 1, 2012

All dressed up for our first formal night:


Allen & Barbara Anthony, Jackson, Tennessee


Doug & Taska Matson, Austin, Texas


Mike & Marilyn Moore, Doug's sister and her husband from Alabama



Ed & Kathy Bowling, Austin, Texas


Andy & Marcella Barrett, friends of Kathy & Ed, Hendersonville, Tennessee


Roy & Leigh Karnes, Trinity, Texas


Chester & Kitty Crider, Austin, Texas


 I think this was cobia on a plank but not sure.  Maybe blackened salmon.  Whatever it was, it was delicious.    I also tried fried frog legs and they were good also - kind of like chicken.


Time for bed....


1 comment:

Jaye said...

I am just now catching up on your wonderful trip!!! When we were in Talkeetna, we got to see Denali too...love that place. I think we are going to go back again next year...we lived in Anchorage for two years when we were first married but didn't do much traveling way back then....too poor!!!

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...