Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Alaska - Day 5 - A day in Talkeetna and on to Anchorage - August 29, 2012

Today is a free day to explore Talkeetna.  We walked around town, taking in the sights and local color.  The tv program Northern Exposure was based on Talkeetna.  I found some locals with puppies and made some new friends.  I want this puppy!  So cute!  

 


 Claudia and our driver, Ed,  had recommended the Roadhouse for brunch and it did not disappoint.  Servings were huge and reasonable.  It is a boarding house/hotel in addition to being a restaurant and bakery (raspberry cinnamon rolls were excellent).  There were rooms for rent in the back and upstairs with showers and laundry facilities.  We shared a long table with other guests, dining family style.








Another awesome afternoon with sunny skies and a good view of Denali.  I love this place!


Waiting to board the dinner train to Anchorage.  Daylight til 8:30 so we'll be able to sightsee along the way.



No comments:

Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top

This Aunt Gracie Strips quilt top was made from leftovers Loretta Brennan gave me when she was cleaning out her Aunt Gracie stash.  It will ...